Amazing Love Development Organization (ALDO) is a Canadian not for profit organization #824775852RC0001 formed in 2010. Our objective is to:
- Promote academic excellence, character and spiritual development.
- Support student and teachers’ welfare.
- Empower communities to support their children.
- Construct schools in rural Uganda, and
- Provide practical skills and leadership development to promote sustainable development.
The current project is the Amazing Love School in Namutumba District, Eastern Uganda. Construction is underway of the remaining classrooms in order to accommodate student needs. Money raised is prudently managed with strict accountability. The goal is for the school to be self-sufficient within five years.
The school is managed in Uganda by the School Management committee made up of five members and the Parent Teachers Association with six members. These local champions provide quality management, effective monitoring, accountability and timely feedback.
Their mandate is to:
- Supervise the operation of the Amazing Love School
- Maintain and repair the buildings
- Appoint and support the staff and pupils
- Provide timely feedback and accountability
- Enforce the school’s values and standards.
- Ensure that obligations to the children, parents and the community are understood and met (many of the parents cannot read or write)
Amazing Love Development Organization (Uganda) a Community Based Organization (CBO) is actively involved with the community and the district making it easy to facilitate the progress of the school development. The CBO is empowering parents, guardians and the community with knowledge, skills and income generating activities. It is our goal to reduce dependency on aid and help the community to escape the poverty trap and become self-reliant.
We are looking for volunteers, partnerships, assistance and trainers to help promote self-reliance and increased capacity.